In addition to a competitive summer salary, you can expect to receive the following:
- Room and Board. Counselors live in modern cabins along with our campers, and have all meals provided for them. Keep in mind that you will have no expenses while at camp! When comparing camp salaries with those day jobs available back home, remember that camp pays for your meals, lodging, laundry, and entertainment while on camp. Most staff members are able to save the majority of their summer salary!
- Weekly laundry service is supplied. We do it for you!
- High Speed Internet Access. Stay in touch with family and friends on your nights or days off!
- Valuable Training. Staff orientation and in-service training sessions provide a strong foundation to assume summer responsibilities as well as responsibilities in the future. Employers will love to hear about your leadership roles, your position as a role model for children and your ability to work as a team member.
- The social experience is terrific. You’ll be working with highly skilled women and men from around the world!
- Time Off! Chinqueka staff boast more time off than most residential camps.
- A beautiful camp with top notch facilities available for your use. A summer spent in the great outdoors couldn’t be better!
- Need to spend the summer at an internship? We are open to exploring many different fields and subjects, and would love to discuss the possibility with you! We can work with your college or university to offer credit and/or a paid internship.
- Working at Chinqueka is the experience of a lifetime. The personal growth, the rewards of working with children, the excitement of an active, diverse community and the close friendships that you build will stay with you long after the summer ends. Working at Chinqueka is often described by our staff as the best summer of their lives!